TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Maier-Files Pat & Dorn launch new comic free pre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottomaier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: The Maier-Files Pat & Dorn launch new comic free pre Reply with quote

They had been at rest for decades, but some lovebirds, Dieter and Lena, brought them to surface: the Maier-diaries. Their curiosity did not kill the cat, but unwillingly awoke some mad dogs. At least thats what our hero Rolf Dietrich or is it Rolf Naumann ? has to say about the men who take an unhealthy interest in these diaries.

But who is this Rolf Dietrich ? What is he up to ? And who is Gudrun ? Where does Lenas grandfather fit in ? Is this really all about some weird diaries ? Are the vague tests Otto Maier apparently performed at some secret nazi-base in the Harz Mountains the actual reason for a number of secret service guys to set up an armed attack in broad daylight ?

These questions and the possible answers to them are only the first pages of The Maier-Files. In the years to come Pat & Dorn will take you along the winding paths of covert wars, secret ops and very clear and present danger through a decades long and little known history. A history in which Nazis and their counterparts still fight a war officially ended in 1945. A history in which its not always clear whos on whose side. An unfinished history, going on today, and to our knowledge not ending in the near future. A history of missing gold, esoteric activities, breakaway civilizations, and governments and officials getting fooled just like anybody else.

Too much for you ? Dont panic. Were taking it slowly and Rolf is there to guide us. Just duck the bullets and let our hero do the talking. And remember: trust no one.

With the tekst above Pat & Dorn, newcomers in the world of comics, introduce their comic on our website (which we apparently can not post in our first post, but it's called The Maier-Files ...). For now they do that in two languages (English and Dutch, which is their native language), but they hope to bring a translation in German and maybe French in the near future.

Some say there aint no such thing as a free lunch, but Pat & Dorn do actually give away the prequel to the series for free. Everybody who fills in name and e-mail on the website immediately gets sent a link to the prequel in low resolution.

Following books will appear in print and, at least at first, be published by the authors themselves. Work on the upcoming book is proceeding very well, the result is expected before the end of this year. Meanwhile the authors keep their readers posted via website and newsletter on their progress and everything of their concern in the world which is also the one of their characters.

Questions ? Proposals ? A chat with the authors ? Contact us, well answer your mail as soon as possible.

Enjoy your read,

Pat & Dorn
Authors of The Maier-Files

Oh yes, we apparently can't post links in our first post, but passing on the address of the website was rather important, so we put in spaces where there should be dots ...
ottomaier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Website The Maier-Files Reply with quote

Hoping we can post a link in our second post Very Happy : http://www.maier-files.com . Enjoy ! And let us know what you think about it.
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An art sample posted here would maybe have hooked me better than a screen of text.

The website looks as if it could be something, but trying to control the scrolling that too-small comic page at the bottom of the screen is just impossible, it scrolls unpredictably and I can't seem to grab it and pull it back to where I was reading.

Maybe I'm not meant to read the comic on the site, maybe it's just a sample, maybe I'm meant to subscribe and download it instead? I don't really want to do that, I just want to visit a website and read a comic that's right there in front of me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpat57 wrote:
An art sample posted here would maybe have hooked me better than a screen of text.

The website looks as if it could be something, but trying to control the scrolling that too-small comic page at the bottom of the screen is just impossible, it scrolls unpredictably and I can't seem to grab it and pull it back to where I was reading.

Maybe I'm not meant to read the comic on the site, maybe it's just a sample, maybe I'm meant to subscribe and download it instead? I don't really want to do that, I just want to visit a website and read a comic that's right there in front of me.

Hi, dpat57, we are actually trying to get people interested in the comic and hoping we can inform them on our next book when that appears. Since we're not publishing a daily comic strip, but finished books only, there is no way we can do that except for asking peoples e-mailadress.

So, you can indeed not read the comic on the site, since the section at the bottom of the page only contains some loose samples (excerpts).

We do however regularly post graphics from the prequel on DeviantArt: http://maier-files.deviantart.com/

And we are of course willing to provide you with art samples Smile:

However, if you would like to read the whole prequel, which we hope, just subscribe. If you don't like it, just mail us via the contact-button and we'll scratch your emailadress from the list. That's no problem at all Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: