TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Other Projects Reply with quote

Of course, I haven't updated my comic for years. It's not that I haven't been busy, I've just focused on other things.

Right now I'm getting ready to release a zombie game for the Xbox360 indie game marketplace ("Zombie Hero"), so I just thought I'd brag a little about that. What other non-webcomic projects has everybody else been working on?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of projects that I'm planning on thinking about starting... haha. I'm better at coming up with project ideas than following through with them.

I don't have enough time now, but one thing I'd like to do is some videos to kind of animate my dreams. I'm a bit of a lucid dreamer and I have some pretty funny dreams (well, I think they're funny), and sometimes they even make a coherent story.

I can't really animate, so it'd be more like sketching various panels with a lot of narration. But it would be a fun time-wasting project; I have a lot of material to work with and it would give me something to use this video editing software I bought a while back on.

Got any teaser pics for your game?
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a teaser video I did, it was the result of a challenge to make a game in 2 weeks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO7Jih572dU
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, working for a living takes up most of my time, but...

I have been building a small bookshelf for my daughter this week. (I'll post pics when it's finished.)

And I've finally gotten around to publishing under my own name. It's Kindle self-published, so I can't brag a whole lot, and it's all fluff, but I'm putting my name out there. Shut up! My mom says I write just fine!
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sort of released two books out of three of a trilogy, and am working hard on getting the last one out the door, because it's really one story in three parts, so we don't want to promote it until we have all three books ready to go. I wrote it all up in one go, so the delay is over getting the extras like artwork, maps and glossaries done. I'm currently working on a painting which I hope will be worthy to go on the cover, but which will appear inside the book as an illustration, even if it isn't.

I am also making and designing an outfit for a friends ball-joint doll, so that she can dress him up like one of her characters. (She's a science fiction short story writer, her recently released collection just got listed in a "top ten sf books of the year" list I saw posted on facebook.)

I'm supposed to also be doing artwork for another campaign for the Era of Four Moons Wesnoth expansion, (which is based on one of my story worlds), but somehow when I spend my weekdays painting, I can't seem to find the oomph to make sprites on the weekend. Hopefully when I finish the painting I'll get back to it.

And, I'm in the middle of two other novels, and have a completed one waiting for me to get around to editing it. I'm also planing on releasing two other novels (already written/edited, but I'm not sure what we're going to do about cover art) and a novella next year.

And when my writer friend finishes the music file with her arrangement of my song "Talon March" that she is doing for me in exchange for my making her the doll clothes, then I will start working on an animated trailer for Black Flag, using it as a soundtrack. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making a game too! Well, it's already released, actually. It's for iOS and Android, It's about a Taco who shoots salsa to other foods. XD

Here's a teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ESB-47omA
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Err... Tacoriffic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: