TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Explosive Crash Dummy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Explosive Crash Dummy Reply with quote

Hello Everybody!

Please check out
Explosive Crash Dummy

The above is my first attempt at a webcomic. This is truly a labor of love; I've built the site myself using wordpress.

The comic is about four girls living together going on a wacky, dangerous adventure we all know as life. It's about nothing and everything, about self identity and family. It's going to be updated once a week and hopefully with increasing frequency as I get better.

I would love feedback as well as making connections and friends.

Thank you guys in advance.

Please check out my webcomic! I'm new to this whole thing.

Explosive Crash Dummy

Last edited by thedaves on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
MindChimera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Very Happy Looks like you don't have a lot of comics yet, but the first one's really relatable to me, haha. Your character page has me really interested (though you may want to consider adding pictures to it). I like your character design so far.

I really like the colors you've picked for your site. I'd recommend removing the comment boxes from pages that don't have comics on them (like the contact page).

Oh, and it looks like your first comic isn't linked to the others correctly.

Do you have a planned update day, or is it sort of a "whenever I get it done" thing? I'd suggest making an "About" page that has your update schedule if you have one, or at least to say you plan to update around once a week. A lot of people like to bookmark comics so it helps them to know when to check back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mindchimera!

Thanks for checking out my website as well as handy suggestions! I am going to be updating this regularly on mondays. Once a week for now until I get into the rhythm of things. I want to eventually be updating at least three times a week M,W,F.

I may update my banner so that it tells people that I update on mondays soon.

Also, I fixed the first page so that it's now all linked... I think.

I will be working on some character pictures for the characters page and comments have now been removed. I'll keep exploring and thank you again for showing interest and being helpful.
buffylove

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute. I like the first pages!
thedaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks buffylove. I appreciate it. I'm anxious to post more pages but I gotta pace myself so I don't burnout/lose regularity in updates and all that jazz.

I know its early for this but I'm thinking about changing the style. That's something I've been struggling with for a long time with my comics; finding a style I'll stay happy with... I'm working on it but right now, things might get very random.

Stay tuned!
MindChimera

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely don't rush it, haha. It gets easier to wait for updates. Wink

As far as your style goes, what you have looks good to me, but of course do whatever you want. Imo, just make sure that what you pick is something you enjoy doing. If you make it too complicated for the sake of looking good, you may burn yourself out that way (or at least I do), especially if you're looking to increase how many pages you update with a week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MindChimera

The style isn't going to change for a couple more pages, but I'm always in pursuit of the perfect style that will fit the feel of the comic, but at the same time, this is a comic that I've had in my head for 10 years coming now. I need this comic to exist as a creator, but I need it to look a certain way as an artist...

On another level, I think it's need to see the style change as long as it isn't TOO frequent. Example: Penny-Arcade, if you see Mike's art over the 13+ years they've been at it; it's fun to see how it's evolved. He's certainly mastered his art and one day I want to achieve that in my own art in my style.
thedaves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is post worthy, but I updated my Characters section with a picture... just for one character though. For Tatiana's.

check it out here:
http://ecdcomics.com/explosive-crash-dummy-3/characters/
thedaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic's been updated folks!

-I also updated the characters page with all the character's portraits. Enjoy!

Link Below:

http://ecdcomics.com
thedaves

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page Four is Live!

What's this, Kale?

thedaves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website appearance updated!

thedaves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What other avenues to spread the news about my website could I take? Currently, I'm enrolled in different voter sites, I'm participating in advertising at my local comic book stores (I may try a book signing after I get something compiled) and I've purchased some ad-space on different websites.

Some of the things I can't do currently are attending comic cons and updating more frequently. I do intend on doing said things in the future.

I might insult with someone affluent in the whole SEO thing... But other than that, any suggestions?
thedaves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Hustle and Bustle at ECD Comics
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun characters and dialogue, there's a bright colorful fun look to the comic, me like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Explosive Crash Dummy Reply with quote

Cover art I haven't uploaded yet on my site! Here first! Check out my comic when you have a chance!

ECDcomics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: