The artwork is fantastic and I love the logo. There's only a few pages so far so I don't really have an opinion; it doesn't seem to bring anything interesting or new to the table yet. Not saying that it for sure doesn't have that, but I can't tell anything
with this few of pages.
I will say "the path of sadness" sounds like really odd for word choice from someone of a high rank. He also seems to change subject rather suddenly, since he's talking about their loss but then talks about "Mother," which I'm assuming is a positive thing? I'm not really sure.
I have a lot
of problems with the website. I've never heard of this iamacreativ site before, but your setup here isn't friendly. Here are my problems:
- Right away, I don't like that clicking any of the pages listed on the splash page forces open a new window. I'd much rather have the option to open in a new window, and a noticable way to get back to the splash page.
- No status bar when I hover over any of the links on the splash page makes me really nervous. I have no idea what the "embrace us" link does, and no way to gauge if I want to click because the status bar is gone. So sorry, I won't be embracing you today.
- I have no idea how to get to the comments. I can see people are leaving comments, but how do I actually read them? Do I have to be a member?
- No RSS feed?
- Because of the nature of the creativ site, I can't bookmark the page I'm on to come back and pick up reading later. Not a problem with only five pages, but I'm not sure how much you're going to be putting online, I suppose. My impression is this is a teaser to get people to buy the book and not actually a webcomic.
- Since I'm not a user of this creativ site, I find the headers to be really obnoxious.
- Can I zoom in? I see your pages are actually larger than they're being displayed, but since they have to share space with these obnoxious headers, they're getting shrunk down. These would definitely look better if you'd display them at their actual size because of the detail.
- Why does the "contact us" link open a new window if it's really a mailto link? Please take out the new window and stop trying to take over my browser.
So... I'm probably an outlier, juding by your Facebook/Twitter counts, but I won't use this website and five pages doesn't interest me enough to buy the book. Good luck though.