TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Checkout Airith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Please Checkout Airith Reply with quote

Just released my new webcomic called Airith. Would love to hear your feedback!!

Airith.com
The Katillian War has begun and chaos has returned to Homecity. The lands have divided into thousands of clan territories.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artwork is fantastic and I love the logo. There's only a few pages so far so I don't really have an opinion; it doesn't seem to bring anything interesting or new to the table yet. Not saying that it for sure doesn't have that, but I can't tell anything with this few of pages.

I will say "the path of sadness" sounds like really odd for word choice from someone of a high rank. He also seems to change subject rather suddenly, since he's talking about their loss but then talks about "Mother," which I'm assuming is a positive thing? I'm not really sure.

I have a lot of problems with the website. I've never heard of this iamacreativ site before, but your setup here isn't friendly. Here are my problems:

• Right away, I don't like that clicking any of the pages listed on the splash page forces open a new window. I'd much rather have the option to open in a new window, and a noticable way to get back to the splash page.
  • No status bar when I hover over any of the links on the splash page makes me really nervous. I have no idea what the "embrace us" link does, and no way to gauge if I want to click because the status bar is gone. So sorry, I won't be embracing you today.
  • I have no idea how to get to the comments. I can see people are leaving comments, but how do I actually read them? Do I have to be a member?
  • No RSS feed?
  • Because of the nature of the creativ site, I can't bookmark the page I'm on to come back and pick up reading later. Not a problem with only five pages, but I'm not sure how much you're going to be putting online, I suppose. My impression is this is a teaser to get people to buy the book and not actually a webcomic.
  • Since I'm not a user of this creativ site, I find the headers to be really obnoxious.
  • Can I zoom in? I see your pages are actually larger than they're being displayed, but since they have to share space with these obnoxious headers, they're getting shrunk down. These would definitely look better if you'd display them at their actual size because of the detail.
  • Why does the "contact us" link open a new window if it's really a mailto link? Please take out the new window and stop trying to take over my browser.

So... I'm probably an outlier, juding by your Facebook/Twitter counts, but I won't use this website and five pages doesn't interest me enough to buy the book. Good luck though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time and effort are two huge factors when it comes to these things, and it definitelty shows that you put both of these into consideration.

I do wish you could have shared just a bit more with us. From what I can see so far, this comic is going to be a great one! I can't wait to read the whole thing.

I signed up to the [CREATIV] site. Still trying to learn my way around it but I like that I can create a customizable profile....Will check back on it later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: