TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pls check out MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER WORLD OF GHOSTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyFutprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Pls check out MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER WORLD OF GHOSTS Reply with quote

Hey everyone, like one of the previous posters--I'm not quite sure how I found this forum but am very glad I did! I'm a former Executive in the video game industry and finally decided to scratch a GEEK-itch I've had for years to write and publish my own comicbooks.

With such great opportunity afforded creators now to publish their own works online or on online devices like Smartphones and tablets, I'm just incredibly happy to be doing this now.

My company is called MyFutprint and our first property is called Massively Multiplayer World of GHOSTS. It's an action-fantasy comic with heavy manga-influences and my take on the Videogame industry.

The story stars a young 13-yr old named Nilay 'Nil' Rao. He's like most teenagers in that he is unpopular, unsure of who he is and what he's supposed to be doing. He finds solace in video games and TCG culture even though his father forbids it. When he receives a gift, a red controller, he discovers that it can summon a video game style avatar into the real world. The avatars are called GHOSTS and his is a unique one named Vyper Neo.

As Nil learns to become a 'player' and how to control and manipulate his GHOST he will come to discover other players and other very powerful GHOSTS.

We've published the first 10-page preview and will be debuting the comic via the site soon.

You can find it here: http://myfutprint.com/mmwog-preview/

I'd really appreciate it if you guys would be cool enough to check it out and tell us what you think and/or what you think we need to improve. Again, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the opportunity to be on the site.

Thanks again!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mmwog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/myfutprint
Archive: www.myfutprint.com/mmwog

[/b][/u]
Justinfh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with videogame comics is that their are a lot of them, and not many of them adds anything new to the genre. On the plus side, great drawings!
MyFutprint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the feedback Justin. Stay with it and see what you think of the story. I'm personally not familiar with any videogames comics (as in thematic vs. literal) aside from gag manga but I just discovered 2 books that deal with the culture in different ways--Liberaider and Drift both of which I think are terrific.

By the way, Eric, our artist--IS AMAZING! Thanks for the comment and if you so choose --yesterday was his Birthday (ah, 22---I remember those days millenia ago) and feel free to go the site and wish him a Happy Bday on the comments.

That would be awesome!

Thanks again.
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you want visitors but an art sample here in the thread wouldn't go amiss, either! Saves me having to search around for the right link so I can see what's cookin'.

Also, consider adding your homepage URL to your posts via the Profile link at the top of the page, so it appears in the little www "home" button at the bottom of posts which readers can click on.

If you want a sigline link plus graphic to appear in your posts, you'll have to PM our admin wendyw and request this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! Thanks for the advice man---I'm new to these types of forums and was just wondering why some of the profiles and signatures like yours was so graphic capable. I will PM Wendy later today for understanding and will get some stuff up.

Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy
Justinfh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myfutprint wrote:
Appreciate the feedback Justin. Stay with it and see what you think of the story. I'm personally not familiar with any videogames comics (as in thematic vs. literal) aside from gag manga but I just discovered 2 books that deal with the culture in different ways--Liberaider and Drift both of which I think are terrific.

By the way, Eric, our artist--IS AMAZING! Thanks for the comment and if you so choose --yesterday was his Birthday (ah, 22---I remember those days millenia ago) and feel free to go the site and wish him a Happy Bday on the comments.

That would be awesome!

Thanks again.

I'll give the comic a chance.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justinfh wrote:
My problem with videogame comics is that their are a lot of them, and not many of them adds anything new to the genre. On the plus side, great drawings!

I don't think it's really fair to just dismiss it as "just another video game comic," because you're missing what it's actually about. The video game comics that I see that are so frequent (maybe you're seeing something different?) are ones that involve games that actually exist.

While video games are the theme, this seems to be more of one of those stories about a typical, confident (possibly leader personality) boy who wants to be the best at the particular monster-fighting game he plays who gets wrapped up something bigger. Think Metabots, Beyblade, Dragon Drive, probably Bakugan, etc. Some of my examples might be dated.

Anyway, myfutprint:
You have a pretty clear audience that I'm sure will eat this up. The artwork looks good, and you do the manga style paneling well. I think I saw a few grammar mistakes when I read through it the other day, but I can't find them at the moment.

Are the preview pages the actual intro to the story? It starts off a little stronger than I like, but that's a personal preference.

This isn't really my genre anymore, but I think you'll do well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: