TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am new. Hello.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalcolombian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: I am new. Hello. Reply with quote

Hey everyone, my name is Jorge. I am new around here and I just wanted to say hi to everyone. Actually, I've been lurking around the forum for a while, enjoying things you're all chatting about, too involved in my own timidity to involve myself in discussions or make my own posts. But I'm hoping this greeting will change all that Smile

I am Spanish, as you may have guessed from my name, but I live in London. I'm graduating from university in 2 weeks. I've been drawing little cartoony things since forever, but as of recently, I made my own webcomic site which I set up a couple months ago. It's a bit of a mess at the moment, because, as I've recently discovered, Comicpress doesn't deal with multiple storylines very well.

But yeah, that's me. I feel like this post is too long now, so hi and I hope to read you all soon! Very Happy
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Jorge! Welcome.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jorge.
Nice to meet you.
: )

Blog
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jorge! ¿Habla español usted? Hablo un poquito malísimo español, pero lo funciona basta, me piense, o espera. No sé. Necessito practicar mucho más.

Welcome! We'll see you around, I'm sure!

Very Happy
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can read it if it's not too complicated. I understood every word Ewomack said, though I'm not sure why he insists he's a colorful elephant who belongs in the land of Oz.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
minki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome, Jorge! What's your major out of curiosity?
hipopotamo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Jorge, bienvenido al foro! Que tal Londres?

Are our English-speaking friends looking at these posts as if they were written in swahili or klingon?

Welcome to the forum and share what you do

the Hippo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hipopotamo wrote:
Are our English-speaking friends looking at these posts as if they were written in swahili or klingon?

I usually skip over stuff written in languages I don't know. You could probably stick some English in the middle of those sentences and I would miss it. (Except now that I've said that, I'll probably be looking for it.)

Welcome Jorge. Smile Don't be too timid, it's always nice to hear what people have to say.
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: I am new. Hello. Reply with quote

digitalcolombian wrote:
I am Spanish, as you may have guessed from my name

No, I thought you were Colombian! Welcome to the board.

Just saying, I liked The Editing Suite! Real nice colors and shading and stuff. Characters are individual, writing's fun and smooth, and that's a nice font, too!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, there are more responses than I expected! So er let's see,
ewomack wrote:
Hello Jorge! ¿Habla español usted? Hablo un poquito malísimo español, pero lo funciona basta, me piense, o espera. No sé. Necessito practicar mucho más.

Hah! That was pretty good actually! Being in London almost my entire life has made me lose a lot of my Spanish though.
mcmasters wrote:
I can read it if it's not too complicated. I understood every word Ewomack said, though I'm not sure why he insists he's a colorful elephant who belongs in the land of Oz.

¡Pero somos todos elefantes coloridos de la tierra de Oz!
minki wrote:
Hey, welcome, Jorge! What's your major out of curiosity?

Drama. But I've realised that drama isn't really my thing... Even though I love doing improv comedy.
MindChimera wrote:
hipopotamo wrote:

I usually skip over stuff written in languages I don't know. You could probably stick some English in the middle of those sentences and I would miss it. (Except now that I've said that, I'll probably be looking for it.)

Yeah, can't blame you actually, I do the same. I tend to stick to English most of the time, though.
But Hippo, are you Spanish too?
dpat57 wrote:
digitalcolombian wrote:
I am Spanish, as you may have guessed from my name

No, I thought you were Colombian! Welcome to the board.

Just saying, I liked The Editing Suite! Real nice colors and shading and stuff. Characters are individual, writing's fun and smooth, and that's a nice font, too!

Hehe, was waiting for someone to point out the Colombian thing. Only remembered what my username was after I made the post Razz But I am actually Colombian from my mother's side!
And also thanks. It was actually the first time I'd transferred anything I'd drawn by hand onto a tablet and then photoshop. I feel I still have a lot to learn in the digital creation of a comic, but it was definitely fun to make.
hipopotamo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Mexican, but I studied and lived in Texas, so I speak that language that you London dweller will call Not English.

Do you like improv? Sometime in my life I wanted to be a stand-up comedian, but could not really pursue that career, so I settled for the next-closest job and became a teacher.

Cheers from the Hippo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing about improv is you have others around you to bounce off and share the pressure during a tough crowd. Don't think I could do stand-up, though. Too reliant on being a big/interesting personality.
minki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improv is an amazing talent to have. Kinda goes hand in hand with public speaking. You might really have a knack for writing if you take a go at it!
QueenAmanda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome, Jorge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: