TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Adventures of Fat Dog and Friends - Light Hearted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Fat Dog is cute?
Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

demithechipmunk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: The Adventures of Fat Dog and Friends - Light Hearted Reply with quote

Hey there!

I just recently put up the first page of my new mini-comic titled The Adventures of Fat Dog and Friends! It is just a simple panel comic featuring an overly round stuffed dog doing random things with other stuffed animals. It is supposed to be simple and cute; nothing crazy! I have some great ideas in store and would love it if people checked it out! I don't have a website for it at the moment but linked below is the Tumblr! I am planning to release new ones every Tuesday and Friday.

Let me know if you have any critiques or ideas! I enjoy constructive criticism! This is my first ever comic and I really wanted to do something fun and cute to help deal with the stresses going on in my life right now. Fat Dog is based on a real stuffed animal I have and I guess you could say this is my way of sharing his cuteness with the world! I hope you all enjoy! Very Happy

TUMBLR: http://fatdogandfriends.tumblr.com/

Last edited by demithechipmunk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cute, very cute, obscenely cute. The problem is "cute" may not be many people's cup of tea. People like "funny" and "original" and "clever" and "realistically gritty" and "wow, holy crap, that was awesome!" "Cute" is kind of like "patriotic" or "green" or "blurry" as in, wow, that comic was the most patriotic thing I've ever seen, or the most green comic I've ever seen, or the blurriest comic I've ever seen. It's not necessarily a virtue or something that make someone want to see a second one. But it is cute.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that too hard? Come on, you were ALL thinking the same thing.
demithechipmunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you're coming from but considering the fact that I don't really see a lot of comics like this makes it original in a sense. It's a break from all the grittiness and stress; just gives you something simple to look at and enjoy. People do want original, clever, etc but why should cute be defined as something mediocre or unenjoyable? Done right, it can be clever and original. I mean, this is a comic about a stuffed fat round dog who goes on adventures. You don't see that very often. Also, I wouldn't doubt there was a group of people out there who DO enjoy light-hearted cute comics. Or else there wouldn't be comics like StupidFox or Nemu*Nemu. I know I enjoy cute comics because it's simple and well, cute.

I appreciate your comment and I realize that my comic isn't your cup of tea and yea, it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea. That's perfectly fine. But I figured maybe someone on here might enjoy it because you never know, someone on here might like cute things! Maybe a few people shared your view but maybe not everyone! Who knows!

So thank you! And I do have surprises in store...just had to give a nice intro to my character. Something simple and easy to start it off.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, and you shouldn't say "thank you" as I was being a dick. An honest-intended dick, but a dick more than capable of being wrong, and I hope I am wrong and you find a niche and an audience.
demithechipmunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you were trying to be a dick. Thank you is just my way of ignoring the 'dick' part and being a nice person.
demithechipmunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I do hope you are wrong as well! I'm confident in it.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I feel better now. Would it be a bad time to mention I was- I mean a friend of mine was- incredibly turned on by the photo of you curled up with those stuffed animals?
demithechipmunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It very much would be.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think doing something just cute and fun is fine. Smile Are you planning on getting a website or just sticking with tumblr? Tumblr's kind of hard to use as an archive, but it might be fine depending on how you're doing your comic. Just don't expect people to look back through the whole thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My former girlfriend would love this comic!

She was into the orisinal games, so you see she really has a thing for cuteness

=)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MindChimera: I really want to get a website for it! I'm looking into doing so and am going to try and get that up as soon as possible! I didn't even think about till after I published this first page. I'm not 100% sure about how I want to go about it or which hosting site to us.

@hipopotamo: I love Orisinal! Very Happy I know there are people out there who do enjoy stuff like this. Just fun, simple, and cute. haha
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demithechipmunk- please accept my apologies for being a creep and being creepy with my next-to-last post. I'm going to ban myself until Monday. Bye everybody!

---

www.mcmastercomics.com
MindChimera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demithechipmunk wrote:
@MindChimera: I really want to get a website for it! I'm looking into doing so and am going to try and get that up as soon as possible! I didn't even think about till after I published this first page. I'm not 100% sure about how I want to go about it or which hosting site to us.

There's a lot of hosts that are specific to webcomics that are also free, like ComicFury or SmackJeeves. I couldn't tell you much about the specifics of those, but they're pretty popular.
If you go with a webcomic specific host, we have a few threads on why Taptastic is a bad choice. Otherwise, I'd say make sure you read their terms when you're signing up so you don't lose any rights to your comic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: