TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My "What comic was this" thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: My "What comic was this" thread Reply with quote

I've been hesitating to ask this, because I see these threads here so often, but... I might as well just ask it already.

I once found a couple webcomics way back in the day, and lost the bookmark. I don't even remember if I actually liked them; it's been so long. Really this is just about wanting to put this to bed.

The first one was a sprite comic, or rather, a pixel-art comic. (I'm pretty sure it did not use sprites from any existing game, but made original artwork. I never recognized any of the art from any game I've ever seen.) The sprites looked very SNES era, and it had a largely overhead perspective; very much like a Final Fantasy style of artwork.

All I can really remember about it was that one of the first stories involved a guy rescuing a girl from a horde of orcs or goblins (some race with green skin.) I want to say that there was something else in that situation that played on someone making a mistake about who someone was, like the girl didn't really need saving but the guy couldn't tell, or maybe the guy was actually a crook and the girl thought he was a hero. I can't recall and I might be wrong about that entirely.

The second comic was about a pair of demon who lived in hell (or something similar.) I think I didn't keep reading it because I thought it was too crude for my tastes, but there was one page that I really enjoyed but never saved a copy or anything. The two demons were playing a video game, and one kept losing bad and getting frustrated. The other just kept saying "dude, quit hitting the suck button!"
Then the first guy looks down at his controller and right in the middle there was this big button that said "suck" and he's like "well whadaya know..."

Well that's all I got. Ring any bells with anyone?
SamuraiTaiga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept looking for awhile couldn't find either, but thank you for the reminder that these still aren't found. The first one sounds so vague. Any luck checking about sprite comics on TV Tropes? Such as 8-bit Theater

The second one, no idea... that's a tough one
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked tropes, it's not listed there, neither under sprite comic not pixel art comic.
SamuraiTaiga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try and narrow it down somehow, can you give any more clues that you recall about these webcomics?

Here's an article about webcomics which mentions other sprite comics. Interesting read at least.
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could probably disregard any comics that started in the last five years; I first found these several years back.

But I really listed everything I can recall about them. It was quite a while ago. I would not be surprised if both have vanished from the internet.
SamuraiTaiga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly probable unfortunately. Whole forums disappear, a few jealous people have also taken to flagging competitors' webcomics as malware attack sites. Creators occasionally delete everything in embarrassment at their earlier work. Perhaps the best chance would be searching the deep net through cache files but there might only be scraps left.

I'll keep it in mind, but ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: