TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rudek and the Bear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdonz2

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Rudek and the Bear Reply with quote

So... I've started a second webcomic, and it's just in its infancy. But if you like historical fiction and talking animals, you might like it. And if you want to let me know what I can do to improve the site or the comic, I'd love your feedback.

It's about a Polish border patrol unit in 1929, and I'm doing it to get better at art. And to be a kind of prequel to a graphic novel I'm working on.

Here's the latest comic.

Feel free to check out the site and let me know what you think Smile

Thanks!

MindChimera

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the art style! I think the website looks really nice, but the image files are very large. It took my computer quite a while to buffer the home page and the first comic page.

I would really suggest taking a look at your file sizes and shrinking them down if you can. I'd really like to read this one, but the load times are too much for me.
pdonz2

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MindChimera wrote:
I would really suggest taking a look at your file sizes and shrinking them down if you can. I'd really like to read this one, but the load times are too much for me.

Thanks, that's very useful input! I'll do some research on optimal image sizes.

CardboardCrack

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciated the fantastic art style and the non-standard topic.

I agree though that the image files are just too large. If you save on Photoshop, there's a save for web option that allows you to play with different compressions. (Just make sure you keep a copy of the high resolution version if you ever want to go to print!)

--------------------
http://cardboard-crack.tumblr.com/
pdonz2

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've re-uploaded the splash page and the last two comics at a more friendly file size, without, I hope, degrading the quality too much. Hopefully that makes a difference Smile Thanks so much for the feedback, CardboardCrack and MindChimera!

pdonz2

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand
now the introductory comic is complete, and at a more web-friendly resolution as well!

Check it out!

pdonz2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!
I mentioned at the beginning of this thread that the purpose of this webcomic is to improve my art.

I'm pretty happy with how the project is coming along. I wanted to post the most recent comic so you could see some of the improvements so far.

Of course, it could always be better. And I'll keep pushing myself!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: