TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone else think this is irritating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theendlessfamilyname

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Does anyone else think this is irritating? Reply with quote

The artwork drew me in but the writing makes me want to sucker punch the artist for working with such an irritating, rambling, self-important a-hole. What is the etiquette for giving "background" or "behind the scenes" tidbits of a comic? If a full chapter is not even finished--how does the author expect us to feel anything yet about a character?

Last edited by theendlessfamilyname on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindChimera

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's kind of strange to make your first post about attacking a particular comic you don't like.

Anyway, I didn't think it was that bad. And a lot of comics start from the very beginning. You have all you need to know at this point, which is this guy has no idea who or where he is. The readers are just as lost as the character, so he's asking relevant questions that the readers are going to be interested in.

If you want there to be a whole chapter before you continue, maybe wait a while and come back later?
theendlessfamilyname

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry I was not meaning to attack--I actually enjoyed the comic- like I said- especially the illustration- the issue I had was about timing and writing behind the scenes stuff-akin-to dvd extras (i.e. a bunch entries describing in detail the evolution of characters, a long review of what the writer's mother thought of the comic) -- before a full chapter was finished-mind you the first page was issued in 2006. I was just asking if this was "normal" or if taking this long to finish is common in this genre of writing. Thanks for responding though! Cheers!
MindChimera

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I think I missed your point the first time. I didn't realize you were talking about the extra stuff rather than just critiquing the comic itself. I seem to be pretty good at misreading things.

What was the website again? I hadn't realized their first post was in 2006. Definitely don't think it's "normal" to take six years to post one chapter. Sounds like they need to spend more time actually developing their story before they put it online and add behind the scenes type stuff.

They didn't have very many pages when I looked before, so I had assumed they were somewhat new. It sounds to me like this isn't worth following at this point; it might be dead.

Hard to say anything though, because I don't remember the website, haha.
theendlessfamilyname

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, re-reading the post, I can see how it could have been taken that way-that's why I removed the name-it was http://atroxity.com/
They just started the hosting with Wordpress in 2011. Check out the "recent headlines" on the left or "news" which I think is the same thing. Does it seem strange to you? Or is it just me? Thanks again for the reply!
alexisflower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the design briefs are a little weird and certainly take away a lot of the mystique... would prefer to see something like this AFTER a major arc or due to overwhelming public demand. Too much information too soon.
The parent review is definitely not something I'd put in my book Razz
The comic itself seems to be a pretty generic all-male Badass-Off between a bunch of macho antiheroes. meh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: