TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instagram Help!! Trying to find a way to contact someone!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unofficialGabriel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Instagram Help!! Trying to find a way to contact someone! Reply with quote

I want to make an instagram account for my webcomic called Dumpster Sandwich, but someone out there already took the name. I want to contact this person to see if we can work something out so I can get the name BUT this person has no posts and I have no idea how to get a hold of him. Any ideas???

Here is the account http://instagram.com/dumpstersandwich
MindChimera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Instagram, but if they haven't left any contact information, you may be out of luck. Unless you can send them a private message within the site, but it looks like this might even be an abandoned account.

Another thing you could consider is contacting Instagram and asking them to grant you the name. If the account has been vacant long enough, they may be willing to shift it over to you.

But again, I don't know Instagram, so I have no idea what their policies are on this sort of thing. It's worth asking, but don't get your hopes up, because they don't have to do anything.
unofficialGabriel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem likely that I will be able to find this person... oh well. But thanks for the ideas, I guess it's worth trying once.
QueenAmanda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate solution, since you can't find the person anyway - why don't you just add "comic" to the end of the username? If you can, I don't know about username character limits on Instagram. It would easily distinguish which one is yours.

Unless you don't want to, and that's cool, too.
unofficialGabriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Queen Amanda I think you are right. I guess I just wanted my name and I was curious if I could somehow get it. DumpsterSandwichComic it will be! Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: