TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deep History 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnanimous Teddybear wrote:
I don't need any history or politics lessons from someone who's on record as defending war criminals and child molesters.
See, this is the kind of landmine jumping I'm talking about.

Sure, we all disagree with each other here. Some people have stupid opinions. But is this kind of conversation going to improve anybody's webcomic? Where exactly do you think this kind of conversation is going to end up? Everybody agreeing with you in a land of magical happiness fairies? Some people are going to disagree with you. This doesn't make them evil, just stupid or misinformed.

This is the reason I avoid all association of my politics (which are completely correct, of course) with webcomics. Now Afterthedream has a special caveat here, because the subject of his webcomic is politics. But still, political webcomics as a whole should have some understanding that while other webcomickers might give advice to your technique, they are under no obligation to agree with or approve of your subject matter.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, VL, this is the General Ramblings forum, and relevance has never been a prerequisite.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, sure. And I don't think relevance should be a prerequisite. I don't mean to impose rules on what anybody can say. But religion, sex, and politics aren't normally conducive to congenial internet conversation.

Believe me, I would love to see this particular conversation unfold. I will be following it to it's inevitable conclusion. I may even be tempted to join in. I just think that having a political debate on a webcomic forum is a bit like... jumping on landmines.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vulpeslibertas- Casual Notice has shown himself to be a willfully ignorant troll, so I'm not going to ruin this thread by wasting any more time on him. I already have plenty of evidence that he isn't looking for intelligent debate.

If you or anyone else want to talk about the timeline project, on the other hand, I welcome it. I have a left-leaning bias, which I readily admit in the About section of the site, but I'm happy to consider any perspective or reasoned arguments brought to me.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the purposes of accuracy, this is the thread which ATD believes support his claims against my character. Feel free to read it through and form your own opinions.

For the current thread, I would submit that I have been courteous here, even in the face of insult, offering only minor suggestions to improve the factual content of his history site.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Casual longer than you have afterthedream, so I'll make my own judgements as to his character. No, he is not a benevolent happy little teddybear. Opinionated, yes. Willfully ignorant? I have never seen him oppose an idea with anything other than facts. Those facts may be right or wrong, but never based on ignorance.

Failure to interpret evidence in the same way as someone else does not count as willful ignorance. Willfully making yourself ignorant counts as willful ignorance.

Casual is antagonistic, but not overtly hostile. I haven't seen anything in this thread that openly assaults your character. He has given a facts-based critique on statements you have made and actions you have taken. Whether you agree or not with his facts or his critique, he is not attacking you, only your ideas. He is only attacking you insofar as you hold those ideas. When taken in the guise of a webcomic critique, and considering that Casual is diametrically opposed to your philosophy, his posting on this thread comes across as downright amicable.

If I were you, I would take note of his critique, since it spotlights the parts of your website which critics are most likely to attack. Take his comments and use them to strengthen your own argument.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's always a red flag when a commentator shows an ability to see only black or only white. It's easy thinking and doesn't take much work to just choose one side and block out the other, but unfortunately the truth is often a messy blurry mix. The truth is hard to find and if you find the truth easily that's generally a sign you haven't found the truth (and that's the truth). The actions of any government are never purely evil and conspiratorial nor are they ever purely altruistic and godly. Governments are made up of individuals who are good, bad, kind, greedy, foolish, dumb, well-meaning, vain, power-hungry, wishful-thinking, naive...I could go on an on, but you get the point.

------

www.mcmasterscomics.com
afterthedream

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
For me it's always a red flag when a commentator shows an ability to see only black or only white. It's easy thinking and doesn't take much work to just choose one side and block out the other, but unfortunately the truth is often a messy blurry mix. The truth is hard to find and if you find the truth easily that's generally a sign you haven't found the truth (and that's the truth). The actions of any government are never purely evil and conspiratorial nor are they ever purely altruistic and godly. Governments are made up of individuals who are good, bad, kind, greedy, foolish, dumb, well-meaning, vain, power-hungry, wishful-thinking, naive...I could go on an on, but you get the point.

------

www.mcmasterscomics.com

You make a valid observation. Personally, I don't consider myself in the "everything is a conspiracy" camp. For example, although I think there is strong evidence for government-insider involvement in the JFK assassination and 9/11, I don't think the moon landing was a hoax, I don't think global warming is a hoax, and I don't think than an evil cabal of Jews and/or Illuminati-reptilians secretly rule the world.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A grassroots project to evolve .
afterthedream

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1990's section of the timeline is now complete. The year 1990 alone contains some real doozies:

*Public support for an invasion of Iraq is ambivalent until the widely publicized testimony of "Nurse Nayirah" who describes seeing Iraqi soldiers take premature babies from their incubators in a Kuwaiti hospital and leave them to die. Nayirah, whose full identity it is said must be kept secret for the safety of her family, turns out to be the Kuwaiti ambassador's daughter. Her entire story is fake, and she has received coaching from the U.S. public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, for which they are paid $10 million.

*A grand jury is convened to investigate charges that Larry King is running a child prostitution ring for elite clients. King is declared incompetent to stand trial while children who were prepared to testify against him are intimidated by the FBI. Investigator Gary Caradori is killed along with his eight-year-old son when their plane mysteriously breaks apart over Illinois. Various other witnesses and family members of witnesses also "commit suicide".

*In Belgium, two F-16 fighter jets are scrambled to chase down triangular UFOs. The UFOs are confirmed by radar from both the ground and the jets and are witnessed by over 13,500 people. The jets are unable to catch up with the UFOs.

Then there's Waco, OKC, and the WTC bombing; PNAC, Plan Colombia, NAFTA & the WTO; the most massive human slaughter since WWII that nobody really cares about; Heaven's Gate & the Phoenix Lights; and let's not forget the James Bond of Al-CIA-duh: Ali Mohamed. Some seriously sinister business was going on in the 90's, and a lot of it was right the face of anyone who bothered to look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: