So you want an in-depth critique of your comic? Good news! You can
have one ...but you must earn it by first writing a critique of the comic of the previous critiquer.
Unlike the quick critique thread
, the critiques in this
thread should be a reasonably thorough examination of the comic of the previous critiquer. It is aimed at giving feedback to the creator of the comic (not their audience) and, as such, should focus on things like their art, writing, layout, even website etc.
To participate, here are the rules:
1. To get a critique, you must give a critique of the critiquer above you's comic
2. So that the in-depth critiques in this thread are of a similar standard, to participate in this
thread you must have a comic with at least 100 strips or pages (otherwise, use the quick critique thread
3. The critique must be 500 to 1000 words
4. You must be able to give helpful and supportive
5. You must be able to take criticism on the chin without getting bent out of shape
On a practical note, it may take some time to read through enough of a comic's archive to write a decent critique, so to avoid two (or more) people attempting to review the same comic I would suggest posting something to say you intend to do the critique. If after a week, the critique has not materialised the spot will be up for grabs again.